Due to COVID-19 and current decrees, you can find the most up-to-date information on alcohol delivery and takeaway sales on our coronavirus information page. Visit this page to learn more. What are your responsibilities as a TABC certified server provider? According to the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC), it is your responsibility to comply with laws designed to prevent the sale of alcohol to minors, drunk people, and non-members of a private club. No. TABC officers are required to inspect bars and restaurants on a regular basis. And any place licensed to sell or serve alcoholic beverages in Texas is defined as a public place. According to Section 1.07 of the Texas Penal Code, a “public place” means any place to which the public or a significant group of the public has access, including, but not limited to, roads, highways, and common areas of schools, hospitals, homes, office buildings, transportation facilities, and businesses. The TABC rules prohibit the movement of a competitor`s product, but our agents will apply the rule with common sense and consider intent. The rule is to ensure that wholesalers and distributors can effectively market their product without giving the retailer too much free labor.

It must not involve a harmless or random movement of a product. All liquor retailers must display one of two handgun warning signs. Both panels are based on the retailer`s percentage of alcohol sales: wholesalers, distributors, and members of the manufacturing phase who are authorized to sell directly to retailers can hold and install displays of their products in retail spaces. With the permission of the retailer, competitors` products arranged in floor displays or tips may be moved. No. Upper-level members cannot “provide” services or items of value to retail members, including sales. The only exception is TBC Administrative Rule 45.110(c)(4), which allows senior level members to provide retailers with limited quantities of food, beverages and entertainment. Before state law consolidated beer and beer into malted beverages in 2021, beer and beer were separate classifications. The distributor may sell malt beverages to an unlicensed group, but may only supply malted beverages at authorized locations.

This means that unauthorized groups must collect donated malt beverages from the retailer. You can allow customers to bring their own alcoholic beverages onto your premises when applying for a TABC permit. If you get a Wine and Beer Merchant (BG) license, you can still allow customers to bring their own alcoholic beverages even after obtaining a TABC license. Some establishments that sell only wine and beer allow customers to bring distilled spirits and sell “facilities.” This would not be legal with a private club registration permit (N) or a mixed beverage permit (MB). No. Co-packs are alcoholic beverages packaged with other items for consumers. Additional items should have no value or benefit to the retailer, except that they may promote sales. Co-pack sales are not seen as a constraint for the retailer to buy products they don`t want in order to buy what they want. Keep in mind that a retailer cannot split a co-package to sell non-alcoholic items separately from the alcoholic beverage. But a retailer can break the co-packs and throw away or donate the non-alcoholic item. This is a common practice after seasonal sales to free up shelf space.

Unless they are the parents, guardians or adult spouses of the minor, anyone who provides an alcoholic beverage to a minor is breaking the law and will be prosecuted. See section 106 of the Liquor Act. An “extended opening area” means an area subject to extended hours of sale under section 105.03 or 105.05 of the Liquor Act. In an area where hours of operation are extended, a person is not allowed to consume or possess an alcoholic beverage in a public place: Learn more about the requirements for organizing temporary events with alcoholic beverages. Businesses must follow state law to purchase alcohol for retail sale. Learn more about these laws and the List of Offenders. Yes. A non-resident vendor (S) permit holder may conduct a tasting for retailers at an approved location to promote their products. Only samples of the manufacturer`s or wholesaler`s product and free feed can be provided.

All event wines must be purchased from the retailer where the event is taking place. See Administrative Rule 45.117(d)(2) of the TABC. No. No person holding a manufacturing, wholesale or retail licence or authorization may grant a rebate or voucher that can be redeemed for the purchase or rebate of alcohol.